Monday, October 12, 2015

7 Easy Steps to Preserve Fresh Fruit

How many times have you bought fruit on the weekend and forget about it until mid-week?  I have and thrown out fuzzy and smelly fruit.  No more.


With today's economy, we need to save wherever possible.  One simple thing is to take time on the weekend to preserve your fruit.  By the end of the week, we can have a nice healthy snack.

Depending on how much fruit you buy, I would use a salad spinner to soak my fruit.  I understand some people use their kitchen sink.  That does not appeal to me but that's another option.

  1. Put the fruit in a salad spinner.  Do not over pack.
  2. Put one cup of white distilled vinegar in salad spinner or sink.
  3. Fill with cold water.
  4. Soak up to 30 minutes.
  5. Lay fruit on a cloth for drying (I use a bath towel)
  6. In 20-30 minutes, turn the fruit and dry for another 20-30 minutes.
  7. Place fruit in a container for storage.
The fruit does not have a vinegar taste!!

Easy peasy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment